Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ginger-Pineapple Smoothie

This smoothie is AMAZING. No seriously. I have not gone to bed looking forward to eating something the next morning, maybe ever, but after tasting it once I have been obsessing over the flavors of this drink. (Plus, ginger is high in antioxidants and has also been studied for its anti-inflammatory properties... Healthy!)

Serves: 2

1 cup frozen pineapple
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
2/3 cup juice (I used strawberry banana V8, but I'm sure you could use orange, pineapple, etc.)

1) Blend until smooth.

2) Pour and enjoy

3) Try to not get addicted!


(Edit - the added egg is optional. I normally toss 1-3 in my smoothies because they seem to turn out smoother, and it's an added kick of protein in the mornings. Don't put it in if you don't want to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment