Friday, March 8, 2013

Sweet Potato Banana Latkes

Good morning! I don't know if you've been swept up in the current of two- and three-ingredient recipes lately, but I'm pretty intrigued at the moment. They tend to be delicious and easy, and the surprise of getting something so tasty with so little effort is awesome! Last week I tried out these banana pancakes, and fell in love. However, this morning I discovered that I only had a half of a banana left: time to improvise. 





The recipe I came up with is seriously easy, and Aric and I both loved the taste!

Serves: 2

Ingredients:

1/2 banana
1 egg
1 cup grated sweet potato
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Butter or coconut oil to keep from sticking to skillet

1) Throw the banana, egg, and cinnamon in a blender and pulse until smooth. (You could probably also mash with a fork if you don't feel like cleaning a blender after breakfast...)

2) Mix together sweet potato and banana blend in a small bowl.



3) Heat butter or oil a small skillet over medium, and spoon in half the mixture. Spread into the bottom of the skillet to form a pancake, and cook for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through (pancake will become firm and bubbly on the top when its time to flip).


4) Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment